Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Second Hive Check


Three days after the dreaded "burr comb incident" and things are really starting to look great!  I found all four queens and all hives have eggs laid in them.  Hive #1, which was the one with the original hive top feeder had already sucked up most of their syrup...and started building MORE BURR COMB with it.  Which I promptly removed...again...making about 2000 enemies very quickly in the process.   There are four frames to go to be built out, not quite ready for deep number two.  

Hive #2 looked wonderful.  Six drawn frames including pollen, honey and brood in the center, so beautiful.  This is the one with the nine frames.

Hive #3 looked wonderful.  Seven drawn frames, honey production in about four of those frames all along the outside of the brood.  It is looking very nice indeed.  

Hive #4 was no where near as messy as the first time I had gone in.  There was only a little bit of burr comb that had to be removed, but about six of the frames were fully drawn and full of bees. 

No swarm cells/No supercedure cells - I'm happy and so are the gurlz.  

We are going to have some good honey this year.  I can tell by the color, it will be wonderful.  So happy!  I will put the second deeps on as soon as I get them built and painted.  Next hive check in five days.  Adios and thanks for following!


No comments:

Post a Comment